CLIENT HOMECARE ADVICE
With the correct home care, Spectrum One Hair should last around 9-10 months*. Here are some tips and tricks to follow to keep your hair looking beautiful until your next rotation.
Download your printable Do’s and Don’t Advice Sheet ITIP Dos and Donts
DO’S AND DON’TS
FOR LONG LASTING BEAUTIFUL HAIR
- Brush your extensions to stop them from tangling
• Use a paraben & sulphate free shampoo and conditioner, preferably a clarifying shampoo. A clarifying shampoo ensures
all residues are removed.
• When washing only apply conditioner to the ends and mid length of your extensions, avoid applying any conditioner to
the root area.
• For best results leave conditioner in ends for 3-5 minutes and comb through to remove any tangles before rinsing
• Weekly treatments are recommended
• Always wash your hair immediately after exercise
• Dry your hair immediately after washing. The bonds swell when wet, and if they are regularly left damp they will soften
and crumble, never leave to dry naturally or go to bed with wet hair.
• Wash your hair using vertical movements not circular or horizontal to avoid tangles.
• Apply leave in conditioner and heat protector before blow drying or using any heated tools.
• Apply oil to the ends of your hair twice a day.
• Sleep with your extensions in a loose side plait.
• Always brush your hair before washing to ensure there are no tangles.
• Hold your extensions at the root when brushing to avoid tension to the tip.
• Always wash your hair in the shower, never wash hair in the bath
• Keep your hair clean! DO NOT allow your hair to get oily – natural scalp oils, dirt, perspiration and products
contaminate the bonds and will cause them to soften
• Use a soft bristle Brush or tangle teaser to brush your hair, start at the ends of your hair and work your way up.
• Please ensure that your stylist is a certified trained Spectrum One professional.
- Don’t leave your Spectrum One Hair in for longer than 3 months (or as advised by your stylist) as this will cause damage
to your natural hair as well as your extensions.
• Don’t Leave your extensions to dry naturally
• Do not use dry shampoo on the tips as it will cause them to crumble
• Don’t use styling tools or hair dryer without evenly applying heat protection all over your hair.
• Do not allow anyone but a Spectrum One certified professional adjust or rotate your extensions.
• Don’t expose your extensions to prolonged periods of sun.
• Do not let chlorine have any contact with hair as it will cause discolouration. Do not go swimming.
• Don’t allow your Spectrum One Extensions to come in to contact with sun creams/moisturizers/fake tans etc as they
may cause colour change.
• Don’t wash your own hair over the bath as this will cause your hair to tangle.
• Don’t attempt to maintain or adjust your extensions yourself.
• Never blowdry your hair upside down.
• Never blowdry your hair on a high heat, always dry on a low – medium heat
Extra Points …………………………………..
• Before your maintenance rotation book a consultation with your stylist so they can review and asses your
hair extensions to see if any new hair is required or if there is anything to be adjusted before your rotation.
• Your hair will naturally shed around 50-100 strands per day so it is not unusual to shed approx. 5-15 strands
of your Spectrum Hair over the course of your wear. Just simply pop your strand in a safe place and your
stylist will reapply these for you.
*9-10 months is the approximate life span of Spectrum One Hair providing all home care points are followed. Spectrum One will not accept any liability for damaged hair that has not followed the correct aftercare advice.
We always like to make sure that our customers are 100% satisfied with their Spectrum One Hair Extensions, so if you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team.